[j-nsp] Ethernet switching support across a chassis cluster for the SRX3000 series

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Sep 28 06:58:11 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 02:33:28 AM Morgan McLean
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, it took JTAC like three days to
> come up with that answer. Can you believe it?

I've realized that the TAC team aren't as knowledgeable as
you'd expect when it comes to the products they are
supporting vis-a-vis their employer. This is true for most
vendors, not just Juniper.

They still do need to escalate to senior engineers and
design engineers when the case goes into the realm of
feature support, feature roadmaps, or very difficult
operational situations. That's the bit I don't like; took me
1 year to resolve an issue a senior engineer identified and
fixed in 5 minutes of talking to him once the case was
escalated to him, after 12 months!

Oh well...

Mark.