[j-nsp] M10i JUNOS Upgrade

Jake Jake 2012jake at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 14:43:49 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am looking at upgrading the JUNOS on our M10i router. Current JUNOS
platform is 6.3R1.3 . The router has redundant routing Engine  RE-5.0 with
512MB DRAM . Also there is no compact flash on board only *ad1s1*. Can any
one suggest on if I can upgrade the router to 11.1R5.4 with the current
hardware specification .  Please advise on if a direct upgrade can be done
as well from 6.3 to 11.1.

Plus as I understand M10i has 3 DRAM slots. Is there any way of knowing the
combination of RAM used ..i.e 256+256MB or a single 512MB RAM.

Cheers