[j-nsp] M10i JUNOS Upgrade

Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) jf at probe-networks.de
Thu Sep 29 03:12:29 EDT 2011

I think it should be possible to upgrade to 10.x without CF. The M7i
initially came without CF.
If the box is not in production you could just try updating it.
Otherwise just buy a Sandisk 1/2GB CF on ebay for cheap money.

If you have redundant routing engines you need to upgrade both seperate.
This measn first upgrade RE0 with the install media and then RE1 (by
putting the install-media into RE1 and connecting the console cable to
RE1).

-Jonas