[j-nsp] VPLS Hardware Not present

magno massimo.magnani at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:00:04 EDT 2011

Hi Keegan,

  Keep in mind that you can only configure the tunnel bandwidth according
with the actual port speed on the DPC. If you have a 10ge dpc you must use a
10g tunnel bandwidth config  (and as Harry mentioned you lose a port) and in
case you have a 1g DPC you must use a 1g tunnel bandwith config and you
won't lose anything.

After committing this config, look for a 'vt' interface... moreover check
you are using the correct encapsulation for VPLS (either ethernet-vpls or
vlan-vpls).

Have you just tried with no-tunnel-service just to see if the instance comes
up? This test would confirm encapsulation on the access facing interface.

Cheers

Magno

juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Keegan Holley
> Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 1:56 PM
> To: juniper-nsp
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] VPLS Hardware Not present
>
> We are using the following to dedicate fpc bandwidth instead of disabling
> tunnel services. I've been told it's faster but disables a gig interface
> cannibalize the asics. It however requires a fpc restart. I suppose a RTM
> is in order. Thanks all for the input.
>

> set chassis fpc 0 pic 0 tunnel-services bandwidth 1g
>

> 2011/9/30 Keegan Holley <keegan.holley at sungard.com>
>
>> Ok, I'm stumped. Configuring vpls and everything seems to be working but
>> the local router interfaces. They come up as NP or hardware not present.
>> The DPC and pic are up and working fine and I've tried it with "tunnel
>> bandwidth 1g" configured under the chassis stanza as well as no tunnel
>> services under vpls protocols. I have a pretty good grasp of vpls
>> configuration, but I'm sensing a juniper nuance that I don't remember.
Does