[j-nsp] EX4200 VC Pity Me

Paul Zugnoni paul.zugnoni at onlive.com
Tue Apr 3 20:42:26 EDT 2012

Two things:

1. The configuration for interfaces on your member 1 switch has been truncated. Just make sure the config is actually there and similar to the ports you were using to plug in for testing (i.e. that they are in the same vlan, etc. Do you learn mac addresses on member 1 when the pings don't work? Is spanning tree blocking at all?

2. Not sure what the recommendation of the day is on the 2-member VC, but you don't need the no-split-detection if you're explicitly forcing the 2nd unit into a purely line card role; no-split-detection is worthwhile in a 2-unit only config where either member may become master.

HTH
Paul Z