[j-nsp] DOM: SNMP polling of RX power for 1 GE SFP impossible?

Michael Hare michael.hare at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 12 09:43:42 EDT 2012

We use an event script that converts parts of 'show interface
diagnostics optics' and stuffs values into a MIB that is pollable.

The SLAX was given to us by Juniper several years ago after we whined a
lot [ and didn't invest the effort to learn SLAX ].  It may not do
everything -you- want, but might be useful as a start point.  We've used
it successfully for 1/10g 'stuff' for several years.  I can't imagine
they'd be upset with us sharing it.

-Michael