[j-nsp] EX-UM-2X4SFP- 2-port 10G SFP+ / 4-port 1G SFP Uplink Module

Mike Williams mike.williams at comodo.com
Thu Apr 12 10:43:20 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 21 February 2012 14:44:19 Timh Bergström wrote:
> > Hope nobody minds me butting in here, but this brings up a related
> > question for me.
> >
> > The built in uplink ports in the EX3300. Do they support running 2 at
> > 10Gb (for VC) and 2 at 1Gb for regular ethernet?
> > I'm sure I've seen it written that all four ports can be used at 10Gb, if
> > true that would support my belief mixed mode operation is supported too.
>
> Afaik two of the four 10Gb ports are pre-configured for VC, the other
> two can be used for ethernet out of the box, or you can use one for VC
> and three for ethernet or the other way round, no problems (at least
> that's what the juniper SE told me when I bought mine).

We got our stack of EX3300s yesterday.
I can confirm that (with 11.4R2.14 at least) you can do mixed 1/10GbE on the
EX3300.
I've got 3 in a VC ring of 10Gb using ports 2 and 3, 10GbE in port 0, and 1GbE
in port 1. Didn't have to do anything special either, although I did tell the
VC to use ports 2 and 3 which was probably unnecessary.
1GbE SFPs cause a ge-x/1/x interface to appear, and 10GbE SFPs cause an
xe-x/1/x interface to appear.

--
Mike Williams
Senior Infrastructure Architect