[j-nsp] console switch to access juniper devices

Alexey Lanetskiy lanetskey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 02:53:12 EDT 2012

Experts,

now I can share with you the solution for the OpenGear CM4148 that could
help someone (at least it helped me).

First of all OpenGear console needs to be upgraded to the latest stable
firmware, now it's 3.5.2u11.
Then just apply following to both of your console and tacacs server
configuration.
All admin users will get full access to all management options and to all
ports.

tac_plus.conf:

group = some-group {
# default reverse-telnet-based access devices like consoles
        service = raccess {
                groupname = admin
# you may want to use groupname = users in the case you need to restrict
access to mgmt functions
        }
}
# you need to assign specific user(s) to the group described above

CMxxxx console CLI:

config -s config.auth.tacacs.acct_server=10.10.10.10,10.10.20.20
config -s config.auth.tacacs.auth_method=login
config -s config.auth.tacacs.auth_server=10.10.10.10,10.10.20.20
config -s config.auth.tacacs.password=YourTacacsServerKeyHere
config -s config.auth.type=TACACSDownLocal
config -s config.auth.useremotegroups=on

You may want to limit sessions time:

config -s config.auth.cli.sessionlifetime=20
config -s config.auth.pmshell.sessionlifetime=20
config -s config.auth.sessionlifetime=20

Issue this command in the end:

config -a

Thanks to OpenGear tech support!

--