[j-nsp] Capturing/displaying contents of incoming packets

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sun Apr 15 04:01:45 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 04:17:51PM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 13/04/12 16:11, Jose Madrid wrote:
>> Why not just use "monitor interface"?  I have used it in the past and its a
>> tcp-dump like output.
>
> That just shows control-plane packets.

And only those control-plane packets which go from/to the routing
engine. Packets handled by distributed PPM on the linecards won't show
up. E.g. BFD, LACP, ...

Best regards,
Daniel

PS: ah, and JUNOS also forgets to count those packets, and forgets to
obey to the "host-outbound-traffic" CoS config so distributed
LACP/BFD/whateverdistributedPPMhandles goes into wrong egress queue.
Workaround: configure "ppm centralized", but also lose the scaling...