[j-nsp] Ethernet OAM, specifically CFM

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:37:31 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

  I'm trying to figure out if I can create a
connectivity-fault-management instance between a vlan sub interface on
an MX and the access port in the same vlan on a down stream switch.
Possibly this will help: http://imgur.com/MMrZm

Ultimately my goal is to detect an outage on the access port and take
down the layer-3 interface on the MX so I won't blackhole traffic.
Since that interface won't go down if the access port on the
downstream switch does.   Or maybe there's a better solution.  Either
way, if someone has this setup and can supply some example configs I
would be ever so grateful.  I can't quite seem to work it out.

Thanks all!

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....