[j-nsp] looking for jncie-sp study follow

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Tue Apr 24 15:03:35 EDT 2012

On 4/24/2012 2:02 PM, Devin Kennedy wrote:
> Hi Stefan:
>
> Do you also have a recommendation for study materials for the JNCIP-SP
> (taking to renew JNCIE-M) and also for study towards the JNCIE-SEC exams?

Hi Devin,

The same materials that you would use to prepare for JNCIE are also the
ones you would use to prepare for the JNCIP written exam, so JCOS, JMV,
JMR, and AJSPR. I would say the majority of the exam is based on routing
so your main focus should be on the AJSPR materials - lot of BGP, IS-IS
and OSPF questions.

If you're already JNCIE-M, I would say a light review would be
sufficient - the passing score is pretty low so I don't think you'll
have any problems.

For the SEC exam, I would recommend JSEC, AJSEC, JIPS, and JUTM, as well
as a cover-to-cover read of the 'Junos Security' book by Rob Cameron,
Tim Eberhard, et. al. Get your hands on some SRX devices and spend as
much time as possible mocking up different scenarios. Since you're
already JNCIE-M, I think you could do SEC preparation in as little as 3
months if you're focused.

Also you can check out my blog for more info on the SEC exam:

http://www.shortestpathfirst.net/2011/09/12/preparation-tips-for-the-jncie-sec-exam/

Good luck!

--
Stefan Fouant