[j-nsp] SRX3600 and NAT

James S. Smith JSmith at WindMobile.ca
Thu Apr 26 21:46:56 EDT 2012

This is from JunOS 10.1 product information: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.1/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/10.1/topic-42300.html

The following describes the maximum numbers of NAT rules and rule sets supported:

    For static NAT, up to 32 rule sets and up to 256 rules per rule set can be configured on a device.
    For destination NAT, up to 32 rule sets and up to 8 rules per rule set can be configured on a device.
    For source NAT, the following are the maximum numbers of source NAT rules that can be configured on a device:
        512 for J Series, SRX100, and SRX210 devices
        1024 for SRX240 and SRX650 devices
        8192 for SRX3400, SRX3600, SRX5600, and SRX5800 devices

These are systemwide maximums for total numbers of source NAT rules. There is no limitation on the number of rules that you can configure in a source NAT rule set as long as the maximum number of source NAT rules allowed on the device is not exceeded.

Looks like this is shared across virtual routers.

James S. Smith Network and Security Architect
WIND Mobile 207 Queen's Quay West, Suite 710 Toronto, ON M5J 1A7
Email: JSmith at WindMobile.ca
Direct: 416-640-9792
Fax: 416-987-1203
www.windmobile.ca