[j-nsp] EX3200 vs. EX4200 MPLS

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:39:38 EDT 2012

I have yet to run into any limit. There probably is one, but would need to Lab it up and try to max it out.

I've heard of people using EX3200/4200s as a pure MPLS CCC endpoint device (i.e. 1 LSP per physical port) as some kind of wacky olde-style "M13 Mux" like we used to do in the TDM days; so at least as many CCC's as there are physical ports on the box would be a minimum at my guess. You can do CCC per-VLAN as well, so your can get many more LSPs than just the # of physical IFDs.

- CK.