[j-nsp] encrypted-password /* SECRET-DATA */;

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sun Aug 5 22:51:33 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM, ibariouen khalid <ibariouen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm running version 11.1R4.4 on an M10i ;
>
> i tried to load the configuration file from the M10i to an MX240 ( junos
> 12.x ) and i got an error  regarding the following items :
>
> user core {
>     uid 7777;
>     class Admin;
>     authentication {
>         encrypted-password /* SECRET-DATA */; ## SECRET-DATA
>     }
> }

Some external program scrubbed the password from the configuration
file. This looks a lot like what RANCID does to Juniper configs.

This exact configuration as-pasted would indeed throw an error, as the
place where a normal passwd-style hash would be is the string "/*
SECRET-DATA */".

Just replace that with a hash like you pasted below
("$1$sbvf432k$qYoeoRs9/t2kywPztwxl01") and it should work.

Cheers,
jof