[j-nsp] what is differnet between bridge and ethernet-switching ?

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Mon Aug 13 09:00:14 EDT 2012

There is no difference between the two.

----- Reply message -----
From: "bruno.juniper" <bruno.juniper at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 13, 2012 4:01 am
Subject: [j-nsp] what is differnet between bridge and ethernet-switching ?
To: "juniper-nsp" <juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net>

what is differnet between bridge and ethernet-switching ?     i am always confused .  as i know ,when i configure mx ,we use bridge . when i configure ex ,we use ethernet-switching.

root at test# set interfaces fe-0/0/0 unit 0 family ?
Possible completions:
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
> bridge               Layer-2 bridging parameters
> ccc                  Circuit cross-connect parameters
> ethernet-switching   Ethernet switching parameters
> inet                 IPv4 parameters
> inet6                IPv6 protocol parameters
> iso                  OSI ISO protocol parameters
> mlfr-end-to-end      Multilink Frame Relay end-to-end protocol parameters
> mlfr-uni-nni         Multilink Frame Relay UNI NNI protoc

Best Regards,
Bruno