[j-nsp] Strange ARP issue on M7i

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 15 03:13:25 EDT 2012

On (2012-08-14 13:09 -0700), Jonathan Lassoff wrote:

> Moral of the story, as I see it: avoid static routing.

This is bit circular. Vendor had software defect in ARP and you arrived to
conclusion consequently we should not use static routing, but dynamic.
However our choice of configuration does not affect quality of the code as
implemented by vendor, so just as well we might have BGP defect doing
something nasty, and someone might draw conclusion 'avoid bgp routing'.

Moral of the story is, avoid broken software, which is easier said than
done.

--
  ++ytti