[j-nsp] Tricks for killing L2 loops in VPLS and STP "BPDU-less" situations?

Clarke Morledge chmorl at wm.edu
Fri Aug 17 11:45:45 EDT 2012

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, Jensen Tyler wrote:

> Quick google for "VPLS Multihoming" found me this:
>
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos9.6/information-products/topic-collections/feature-guide/vpls-multihoming-bgp-signaling-solutions.html
>
> Jensen Tyler
> Sr Engineering Manager
> Fiberutilities Group, LLC

Jensen,

VPLS multihoming assumes you are intentionally building out a loop-free
VPLS domain.  My situation is when you have a downstream customer who
unintentionally introduces a loop in their Layer2 domain that causes MAC
learning table thrashing back inside your VPLS instance.

Thanks for the pointer though.

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary
Jones Hall (Room 18)