[j-nsp] About Juniper Control Plan Policy (CoPP)

apurva modh modh.apurva at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:08:47 EDT 2012

All the Routing engine bound traffic into Juniper is handled through the
loopback interface. So if you apply the input direction filter on the
loopback interface, it would simulate the exact behavior of the control
plane filter of cisco. You dont need to apply "protect routing-engine"
filter to physical interfaces.

Hope this solves your query.

Regards,