[j-nsp] SRX NIC Teaming

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:26:46 EDT 2012

However, if the "teaming" you want to achieve is purely for redundancy,

..This can be enforced on the Server-side (in some type of active/passive control on the server's OS), and hence you can just make the SRX's use normal access ports.

Weve done this for our VMWare clusters; as well as for individual servers which support this. The server controls which ethernet cable it forwards/listens to. Nothing much to do on the switch/srx/ex side of the equation.

- Ck.