[j-nsp] SRX3600 - Session Logs

Mark Menzies mark at deimark.net
Sun Dec 2 11:28:07 EST 2012

Yup there is.

As the high end boxes do all the processing for the firewalling/VPN/IDP etc
on the SPCs, we can set the logs to be sent from teh SPC instead of being
passed across to the RE.

Basically a high end SRX can create more logs than the RE can handle so we
send logs via stream mode to the syslog/STRM box.

Basic config is below

mark at vodkila> show configuration security log
mode stream;
format sd-syslog;
source-address 10.1.1.1;
stream securitylog {
    category all;
    host {
        10.1.1.26;
        port 514;
    }
}

Where the host is the syslog server and the source-address is to ensure
that the traffic leaves from correct interface/routing-instance