[j-nsp] VSTP

Graham Brown juniper-nsp at grahambrown.info
Tue Dec 4 17:58:28 EST 2012

Hi Mohammed,

>From the command you ran you should see the bridge ID for the switch you
are connected to and that of the root bridge. Don't forget that this may be
the same switch. If it is not, look at the root port and work your way
through the switched network. If nothing else you will also know what your
topology really looks like and also work out which switch will become root
if you lose the current root bridge, along with how this would change the
topology.

HTH,
Graham

On Tuesday, December 4, 2012, Mohammad Khalil wrote:

> Hi all
> I have a bridge domain working on several vlans
> The election of the bridge switch is based on the bridge-ID which consists
> of the system MAC address and the priority which is by default 32768
> I am trying to figure out who is the root bridge of my domain but could not
> find it
> I issued the command run show spanning bridge and got the mac address of
> the root bridge , but when searching for it among the other devices could
> not find a match , i used the command show chassis mac
> Any ideas?
>
> BR,

-sent from my iPad; please excuse spelling, grammar and brevity-