[j-nsp] MX5 with bras?

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Dec 7 21:06:01 EST 2012

Thanks Skeeve.

We have had MX5/MX10/MX80 doing BRAS at customer deployments since around
March - the 11.2R5.4 release has a number of nasty bugs and wish they would
stop recommended it on their site. that was the second release in 11.2 we
had ran at the time.  Then we went into two different 11.4R code releases
and ran into some other issues and finally 11.4X27 came out and squashed
most of those bugs (but not nearly all of them unfortunately).  The
issues/bugs we ran into were mainly PPPOE related.

Also, we have seen a lot of similarity in the bugs on MX80 based hardware as
we have seen in MX480/960 BRAS boxes - some different, some the same to
date..

At the moment, we are faced with a few challenges on this platform .. one is
the load on the box with under 4k users (quite high at times) and a more
recent issue has re-surfaced involving PPPOE sessions not timing out
properly.

YMMV of course.

Paul