[j-nsp] SRX 1400 Logical System Configuration

Marco Nesler satunz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 08:45:52 EST 2012

Hi all,

i'm planning an upgrade to a production SRX cluster, i would like to enable
the logical systems on the machines and create a new logical system.
Actually the cluster consists in two SRX1400 in an active/passive
configuration, no particular or strange things.

I'm reading the config guide (Logical Systems Configuration Guide for
SecurityDevices) and it seems a pretty straightforward configuration.

The only thing i cannot find in the docs is the impact of this
configuration in a production machine, what happens when i enable the
logical systems funtionality creating a new logical sys ? Can I do this in
a production environment or should I plan for some downtime maintenance ?

The actual configuration remains in the "root" logical sys or should i do
something to migrate the config to a logical sys aware config ?

Any particular/strange caveats regarding the HA config ? (on the docs the
only thing i found was regarding the need of different licenses per
physical node)

thanks !