[j-nsp] About third-party 1G SFP SX, MX-80 and link with Cisco SCE2k

Леонид Титов leonid.titov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:21:38 EST 2012

Hello dear colleagues!

Maybe you have some experience with multimode 1G SFP optics in Juniper
MX80 device.
One of my customers asked me, why can one SFP module which works fine in
EX-4200, cannot establish a link in MX80.

Its laser source is on (I can see it by power meter, and even Cisco end
puts this link up), but MX80 says that "link down" without any error
messages.

Maybe you can share with me any information, why can it be so?

Thank you in advance,
Leonid.