[j-nsp] juniper cisco switch interconnection

Patrick Dickey dickeypjeep at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 16:20:34 EST 2012

Just a quick note: if you need multiple vlan STP (like what PVST+ has...),
use VSTP on the Juniper. Ensure that VLAN 1 is on any trunk line between the
Cisco and the Juniper. You don't need to have traffic there, but PVST+ uses
VLAN 1 and VSTP will listen on VLAN 1 for STP information. If it's not
configured, all kinds of strangeness occurs.
YMMV

-Patrick