[j-nsp] Are "rib inet.0 static" and plain "static route" the same?

Mark Lists mark.nsp.list at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 07:49:35 EST 2012

Hi All,

Just a simple one hopefully...

Are these functionally identical?....

set routing-options rib inet.0 static route x.x.x.x/y
set routing-options static route x.x.x.x/y

I think they are but just wanted to be sure there aren't any untoward
differences.

What I'm trying to do is to have two different groups of static routes...
one group of which I can parse with

set policy-options prefix-list parsed-routes apply-path "routing-options
rib inet.0 static route <*>"

This seems a simple way of doing that to me without getting in to rib
groups etc, but I'd be more than happy to be enlightened as to better ways
(perhaps I'm missing something simple).

Thanks in advance - Mark