[j-nsp] Graceful Restart on a Single Routing Engine

Salim Amari amaris501 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 06:29:12 EST 2012

Thanks a lot for your help,

By the way I have another concern regarding  the Graceful restart for OSPF
Protocol when BFD is enabled.

if we have the Graceful Restart enabled for OSPF protocol and at the same time
we have BFD enabled for OSPF with the following values:

bfd-liveness-detection {

minimum-interval 100;

minimum-receive-interval 100;

            multiplier
3;

        }

DO  BFD parameters  have impact on GR, because from the show ospf
overview I can see that the restart grace period is 210 SEC.

so with BFD enabled  it will not have enough time to restart as BFD will
detec rapidely the failure.

show ospf overview

Instance: master

  Router ID: 10.40.0.1