[j-nsp] LDP on ex4200/3200 series….and 1RU LSR?

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Thu Dec 20 07:24:35 EST 2012

On 20/12/2012, at 4:58 PM, Michel de Nostredame <d.nostra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Possibly Juniper is positioning ACX for that?
> But ACX has far lower port density and those
> 1U ACX has only DC power-supplier.

This was my feeling too, but there is *currently* no VPLS support on ACX.  I'm hoping that will change in the future.

The passive cooling is a big win and although the data sheet doesn't mention it, there is an AC version of the ACX 1100 on the pricelist:

ACX1100 Universal Access Router, AC Version, Dual power supply, 1RU, ETSI 300, SyncE/1588v2, Temperature hardened, Passively cooled,8xGE RJ45, 4xGE RJ45/SFP Combo (Optics Sold Separately)

I've got a pair of these coming into the lab in the new year (lead times are currently measured in *months*) and will be interested to see what the limitations are.  They're priced right in the middle of the J4350 and J6350 too which is also interesting.