[j-nsp] LACP reliability?

Mike Williams mike.williams at comodo.com
Fri Dec 21 06:30:32 EST 2012

On Thursday 20 December 2012 14:56:59 Morgan McLean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just curious if anybody had feedback regarding LACP reliability when
> a system is under load etc. Wondering if its common for a box to come under
> load, stop sending LACP packets at their expected intervals and get dropped
> by the upstream switch etc.

We were hit by this on a pair of M7is, after a flap within an upstream caused
every route to "change".
The poor little RE400 couldn't keep up with both jobs.
They did have 3 full tables to deal with. 2 upstreams, and iBGP between.

Never had a Linux machine do this however.
But they're all at least an order of magnitude faster.

--
Mike Williams