[j-nsp] Migration from IGP to e-BGP

tim tiriche tim.tiriche at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:31:18 EST 2012

I didn't mean confederations.

May be a diagram would be better.

Current design: (ASN: 1234)

(Customer-A) --(ebgp) --[[ (Area 10) --- (Area 0) --- (Area 20) ]]--
(ebgp)-- (Customer-B)

IGP is running in Area 0 for P2P and loopbacks.
Area10, Area0 and Area20 are part of one Administravie domain
representing ASN: 1234.
Area10, Area20 has its own customers.

New Proposed design:

Remove Area10 and Area20 and instead use E-BGP.
Area10 would become ASN65010, Area20 would become ASN65020 and run
their own IGP.
ASN65010 would be a customer of ASN1234.

Problem:
If Area10 becomes ASN65010, what happens to the customer who peers with ASN1234?
I still want the customer to peer with ASN1234 and customer should not
be aware of ASN65010.

Sincerely,
-Tim