[j-nsp] Filter-based forwarding outside of inet.0?

Hendri Sugilar hendri.sugilar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:45:34 EST 2012

Hi Clarke ,

I believe it will work if you just slightly configured interface-routes on
the vrf itself and combine it with fbf using rib-group on the master
routing-instance without inet.0 table is imported . Let me know if it's
helped and work on your side too , below is the complete configuration

[ edit interfaces ]

[edit routing-instaces]
fbf-test {
routing-options {
static {
route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 100.100.100.2;
}
}
}
test {
instance-type virtual-router;
interface fe-1/3/0.100;
routing-options {
interface-routes {
rib-group inet fbf-rib-test;
}
}
}

[edit routing-options ]
rib-groups {
fbf-rib-test {
import-rib [ fbf-test.inet.0 test.inet.0 ];
}
}

Log below is verified next-hop is reachable through interfaces within
interfaces inside vrf :

> show route table test

test.inet.0: 2 destinations, 2 routes (2 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
+ = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

100.100.100.0/30 *[Direct/0] 00:00:09
> via fe-1/3/0.100
100.100.100.1/32 *[Local/0] 00:00:09
Local via fe-1/3/0.100

> show route table fbf-test

fbf-test.inet.0: 3 destinations, 3 routes (3 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
+ = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

0.0.0.0/0 *[Static/5] 00:00:21
> to 100.100.100.2 via fe-1/3/0.100
100.100.100.0/30 *[Direct/0] 00:00:21
> via fe-1/3/0.100