[j-nsp] next hop behavior within between VRFs

Amos Rosenboim amos at oasis-tech.net
Sat Feb 4 15:20:11 EST 2012

Hi All,

I have a router with two VRFs.
I need to apply FBF on traffic flowing between the two VRFs so I created a logical tunnel that connects the two VRFs.
The problem is that when importing routes from one VRF to the other the next hop is obviously not through the tunnel.
I am trying to apply an import map that will change the next-hop of imported routes to the tunnel interface, but it doesn't work (traffic still bypasses the tunnel).

I can obviously skip the VRF import method and simply run BGP over the tunnels but I would like to avoid this as it forces me to use route refection (the routes I need to announce are learnt via iBGP) and so on.
Any ideas how to achieve the goal of sharing routes between the VRFs but controlling the next hop in each VRF differently ?

Regards

Amos