[j-nsp] Juniper SA SSL VPN static ip for user

Rehan Rafi Khan rrk.cse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 07:28:01 EST 2012

Hello Again,

Just came across a KB article on Juniper KB (as per the highlighted part I
think its not do able except if you create separate roles and realms which
will be not scalable):

   1. What is the hold/release time the IVE has on NC IP Pool IP Addresses?
   For example, user "A" logs in and gets assigned the IP address 1.1.1.1.
   Tomorrow user "A" gets the same IP address. How long does the IVE hold that
   IP for user "A", as long as there are plenty of IP addresses in the pool?
   *Answer*: 24 hours   (*Also, it is not a configurable option; it is
   hard-coded*.)

--

Regards,

Rehan Rafi