[j-nsp] proxy arp C vs J

Alex Arseniev alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 05:23:24 EST 2012

Did you check what MACs are used in 1st, 2nd and 3rd time? Specifically MAC
OUIs.
I suspect this is a side effect of having C-J in the same broadcast domain.
Basically, when J-interface ARPs for a connected host, _AND_ if C has a
specific route to that host/32, the C will answer with own MAC.
I have seen this myself many times and I suggest to disable proxy-arp on C
to get rid of this behavior.
HTH
Thanks
Alex