[j-nsp] SCB-E

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Feb 8 18:14:55 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 07:44:10AM +0100, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> So as far as things stand, SCB-E not deployable before mid 2012
> earliest if (and that's a big "if" when looking at 10.4 experience)
> 11.4R3 is going to be usable.

Given the state of the code and the lack of faith/experience in 11.4
(i.e. I don't know any sane companies with an "interesting" network
running 11.4 right now, and thus I have zero faith that it has been well
tested), maybe the correct answer is to backport some kind of SCB-E
support to the 10.4 train. Then again, considering that they are STILL
introducing new showstopper bugs in a bugfix-only code train even at
10.4R8, maybe this is a bad idea.

I really don't know what else to say about this issue, other than:

*SIGH*