[j-nsp] flexible ethernet services / pppoe

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Feb 14 17:41:05 EST 2012

Hi there..

I'm trying to work with an interface that has mixed subinterfaces. some of
the subinterfaces are part of a bridge domain, some are family inet, and one
interface is PPPOE for subscriber termination.

The family inet and bridge domain combination works fine but as soon as I
try to add an encapsulation of ppp-over-ethernet it tells me invalid.. Is
there a way around this that I'm missing without moving the PPPOE to a
separate interface?  Juniper MX80 running 11.2R5.4

paul at dis1.beachburg1> show configuration interfaces ge-1/2/8

description "Wireless Network Trunk";

vlan-tagging;

encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;

unit 400 {

    description Wireless_Public_DHCP;

    encapsulation vlan-bridge;

    vlan-id 400;

    family bridge;

}

unit 401 {

    description Wireless_Private_Management;

    encapsulation vlan-bridge;

    vlan-id 401;

    family bridge;

}

unit 402 {

    description Wireless_PPPOE;

    encapsulation ppp-over-ether;

    vlan-id 402;

    pppoe-underlying-options {

        duplicate-protection;

        dynamic-profile PPPOE;

    }

}

paul at dis1.beachburg1# commit check

[edit interfaces ge-1/2/8]

  'unit 402'

     Link encapsulation type is not valid for device type

error: configuration check-out failed

Thanks,

Paul