[j-nsp] Mounting MX80 at an angle

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Thu Feb 16 13:41:00 EST 2012

I would be careful the hot air exiting the rear is not sucked back in the front, if the front is higher. Checkout link for airflow description.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/requirements/mx5-mx10-mx40-mx80-cabinet-requirements.html

On Feb 16, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Serge Vautour wrote:

I don't mean angled side-side, I mean angles front-back. So the back end would be lower than the front end. After mounting, if you stood in front of the MX, the front plate would be pointing towards the ceiling a bit instead of horizontally.

Serge