[j-nsp] Double-tagging on EX

Martin Levin martin.levin at molndal.se
Wed Feb 22 11:27:18 EST 2012

Since I'm running 100+ EX32/4200 with QinQ I thought I'd pitch in
here...

AFAIK no EX (not 82xx either) can do multiple tag operations in one
operation. We use an MX for this.

For this to work you need to put an extra EX between (or several
loopback cables) your normal network which has one port for each remote
site where you ingress single-tagged packets. Or you could use selective
QinQ and decide which inner VLAN tag goes where.

Not to mention that your provider need to have an MTU that accepts
larger packets than standard, and in itself doesn't filter QinQ packets
for some reason.

---
Martin Levin
IT-strategy & planning