[j-nsp] Decent J-Series software version

Yucong Sun (叶雨飞) sunyucong at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:43:54 EST 2012

Hi,

I have two j2350, one with 9.3r4.4, and the other I am trying to find
a good version to upgrade to, with security features. So far I have
tried:

1) 10.1 - 10.2R4, those runs okay, but they only have half-ass ipv6 support.
2) 10.4R8, crash once a month or so, msut be manually rebooted, plus
they basically just hose horribly under 20kpps or 200k sessions.
3) 11.X crash on boot directly

they both are taking full BGP feeds, and I've upgraded them both to
2.5G ram, and I even upgraded on-board cpu to 3G model.

anyway I'm about to give up on any hope to use non-packet mode on
these routers, my money would have been much better spend if I just
buy a decent dell server and good network cards, they all handles tons
of tons more sessions just fine, any similar experiences?