[j-nsp] 100Base-LX10 and MX80

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Wed Feb 29 08:39:58 EST 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Å~Aukasz DudziÅ~Dski wrote:

> I did it already. The topic you have mentioned does not cover the
> essence of my question. I've asked for that specific SFP (100Base-LX10),
> not for using third party optics at all. The problem is that I don't
> know if it is possible to use 100Base-LX10 optics in MX80, because
> Juniper documentation does not mention about 100Base-LX10 SFP. There is
> a note regarding 100Base-FX (FE on MMF), but no 100Base-LX10 (FE on SMF).

Apologies, I will be more specific.

Juniper does not support or sell an LX10 optic.

Since it is impossible to use a Juniper optic that doesn't exist, if your
requirement is for LX10, your only choice is to purchase 3rd party.

I have used 3rd party LX10 optics (along with just about any other kind of
optic you can imagine) on MX series with no problem.  Heck I even
RECOMMEND to my clients to save money by using 3rd party optics (but I
might have a bias since my wife sells them).

Other people will tell you not to use 3rd party optics for the before
mentioned reasons.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442