[j-nsp] MX960: High CPU FPC

Evgeniy Aikashev evgeniy at ip.datagroup.ua
Wed Feb 29 09:22:51 EST 2012

Hi,

> Are you running any L2 services on these cards?  Could it be a layer2
> loop somewhere.
No. Only ipv4 and v6 routing. A lot of bgp sessions

> Sure, it doesn't make too much sense to be triggered by
> a RE switchover
Before a switchover, with RE0 as a primary, had no CPU problem..

> I assume the high load reappears once you've re-enabled said ports?

Yes. You are right.
For example each port of fpc2 is a member of some lags.
Aggregated interface: ae2
     xe-2/0/0                  Current   Slow periodic Collecting distributing
     xe-7/2/0                  Current   Slow periodic Collecting distributing
      xe-4/2/0                  Current   Slow periodic Collecting distributing
      xe-4/3/0                  Current   Slow periodic Collecting distributing

There are a normal CPU on all other fpcs
                     Temp  CPU Utilization (%)   Memory    Utilization (%)
Slot State            (C)  Total  Interrupt      DRAM (MB) Heap     Buffer
 4  Online            25     12          0       1024       46         31
 7  Online            24     12          0       1024       46         30

 And remains the stable when I shut  xe-2/0/0

best regards,
--
Evgeniy