[j-nsp] IPSEC tunnel

Humair Ali humair.s.ali at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 05:34:39 EST 2012

Hi Johan

I am guessing the 24hrs is also the lifetime of one of your phase 1 or
phase 2 ?

It could be a bug in that the Juniper does not rekeying the phase 1 or the
phase 2 (although the SA are up, the rekeying does not occur properly),
thiss wouldn't be uncommon especially when peering with a Cisco .

somehow one of the 2 end is active (hence why SA is UP) but the other end
is not .

Have you try DPD to be enable on Juniper and Cisco end ? maybe it will
force the rekeying to occur between the 2,

I know it is available in  Netscreen but not sure about SRX, but I remember
hearing so.

On 3 January 2012 07:35, Johan Borch <johan.borch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an IPSEC tunnel between an Juniper SRX (policy based) running
> 10.4R6.5 and a Cisco ASA 5510, the SA's are established but about once per
> 24h hours (but can also work for days) the tunnel stops forwarding traffic,
> the SA's are still established. has anyone seen this behavior before? The
> solution is to take the tunnel down and establish it again.
>
> Regards
> Johan

Humair