[j-nsp] high CPU usage of RPD process

Paolo Autore pautore at columbus-networks.com
Wed Jan 4 11:12:38 EST 2012

Martin;
 We experienced the same issues sometime ago, same symptoms, plus BGP sessions bouncing. What we found was a particular rogue host on our Metro Network making massive amount of ARP request. Below is the filter that  we used to normalize the situation (filter was configured on aggregation Metro Switch but can be used on your MX as well), hope this helps.

UNDER GROUPS MAKING THE FOLLOWING RULE;
METRO-FILTER {
    interfaces {
        <ge-*/0/*> {
            unit <*> {
                family ethernet-switching {
                    filter {
                        input METRO-FLITER;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

UNDER FIREWALL FAMILY ETHERNET-SWITCHING CREATE THE FOLLWING FILTER;
show configuration firewall family ethernet-switching filter METRO-FILTER
interface-specific;
term 1 {
    from {
        protocol igmp;