[j-nsp] QFX3500 optics lock?

Salman Zahid szahid at juniper.net
Fri Jan 6 23:50:02 EST 2012

There are two points I would like to make .

1.      3rd party DACs / Twinax cables are supported on QFX3500 standalone switch as well as QFX3000 QFabric system. The release that supports 3rd party DACs in QFX3500 are  11.3R3 and 11.R4 and future releases will also support  3rd party  DACs . QFABRIC has supported 3rd party  DACs since its first release 113R1 . Please refer to the following link

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/cable-qfx3500-sfp-plus-direct-attach.html

2.      In terms of 3rd party optics support , we are evaluating the support for 3rd party optics . Please continue to check the Juniper documentation and talk to your account team for roadmap information .

Thanks