[j-nsp] Time-of-day based traffic conditioning

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 21:28:11 EST 2012

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to enforce traffic policing or shaping based on
time of day?

Platforms available to us: EX-series (EX4200 predominantly), J-series
(J2320/J6350) and SRX-series (SRX240, SRX650, SRX3K, SRX5K).

I'm looking for a way -- preferably a built-in way (avoiding scripts if
possible) -- to limit a particular application's throughput during business
hours.

The application is NetApp SnapMirror. I suspect a far better option would
be to control transmission rates at the source but I'd like to investigate
JUNOS-based controls as well.

cheers,
Dale