[j-nsp] Time-of-day based traffic conditioning

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Tue Jan 10 02:09:39 EST 2012

Okay, it's ugly, but:

Write a policy on the SRX that is attached to a scheduler.

Make the "then" action of the policy permit application-services idp.

Write an IDP policy that has a "then" action to re-write DSCP markings for this traffic.

Write a CoS policy on your EXs to police traffic matching that DSCP value - I've never been able to re-write AND police on those values in the SRX on one flow.

Just remember - schedulers only enable and disable policies, so make sure you permit the traffic in a fall-through policy.  Ideally you'd put the "business-hours" policy at the top and attach it to the IDP rule/scheduler, then have a policy below it for the out-of-hours.

Cheers,

Ben