[j-nsp] MX VPLS Trunk with VLAN rewriting

Humair Ali humair.s.ali at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:51:48 EST 2012

Hi

thanks for your feedback,

just to clarify , you want to use specific unit for specific vpls instance ?

if you need specfic range of vlan per unit for multiple VPLS instance
,can you try the following below,  this is not what we have in
production ,  but it should work, or work around it

set interfaces xe-1/1/0 flexible-ethernet-services
set interfaces xe-1/1/0 unit 10 encapsulation vlan-bridge
set interfaces xe-1/1/0 unit 10 family bridge interface-mode trunk
set interfaces xe-1/1/0 unit 10 family bridge vlan-id-list 100-500

set interfaces xe-1/1/0 unit 20 encapsulation vlan-bridge
set interfaces xe-1/1/0 unit 20 family bridge interface-mode trunk
set interfaces xe-1/1/0 unit 20 family bridge vlan-id-list 540-4094

then you can apply xe-1/1/0.10 to vpls-instance A  and xe-1/1/0.20 to
vpls instance B

let me know if it works , i would be interested to know

thanks

On 10 January 2012 15:57, Sebastian Wiesinger
<juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org> wrote:
> * Humair Ali <humair.s.ali at gmail.com> [2011-12-23 16:41]:
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> you should be able to achieve what you want by using Virtual Switch Routing
>> instance instead of VPLS routing instance.
>>
>> you can confirgure a Virtual Switch instance with protocol VPLS in it , and
>> create a bridge-domains to allow all vlans , that should allow you to be
>> able to create a trunk in VPLS, and allowing all vlans
>
> FYI:
>
> I asked the people I know at Juniper the same question and they also
> told me to use virtual-switch. But this only works with interface-type
> trunk, and I need single units because 1 physical interface has
> multiple VLANs which must be added to different VPLS instances or
> other services on a per-unit basis.
>
> instance-type virtual-switch;
> ##
> ## Warning: Only interface with 'interface-mode' is allowed in a virtual-switch
> ##
>
> The other option was to use one VPLS instance per VLAN which seems to
> be the only option available to us.
>
> Regards
>
> Sebastian
>

> --
> GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
> 'Are you Death?' ... IT'S THE SCYTHE, ISN'T IT? PEOPLE ALWAYS NOTICE THE SCYTHE.
>            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant

Humair