[j-nsp] Internet routes in MPLS network, global table or own VRF?

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Jan 19 10:16:27 EST 2012

Personally I think it's a great question - I'm not sure there's a "perfect
answer".

We run our full tables into inet.0 - we also merge inet.3 into inet.0 using
"traffic-engineering bgp-igp-both-ribs" .... there were a number of reasons
for doing this including link-protection etc.

By no means am I saying that this was the best route for us to take or one
that is the best route to take (pardon the pun here)....  I would think it
depends on what you want from the network...

Cheers,

Paul