[j-nsp] Tagged frames can not be tranmistted

Gökhan Gümüş ggumus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:00:16 EST 2012

Dear community,

I need your assistance on one case.
We deliver a Layer 2 service to one of our customer within our MPLS
backbone by configuring it dot1q tunnel.
Customer wants to use this service as a trunk between between their HP
Procurve switches to tranmit multiple VLANs over it and across our MPLS
backbone.
The problem is customer can only transmit multiple VLAN traffic when they
use "native-vlan".
Consequently, customer can not send any VLAN traffic when they tag the
frame.With native-vlan, they can.
I think that i should change configuration on Juniper MX routers by
enabling VLAN stacking but i do not know what i should do exactly.
Is there anybody who can help me? If there is a sample config, that would
be great.

Please see the topology and configs below;

Customer
Switch
     Customer Switch

          |    Fa3/13

|  Gi0/5

Service Provider Switch-A

                           Service Provider Switch-B

          |       gi5/13

|   gi0/27

          |       ge-2/3/3

|   ge-2/2/2

Juniper MX Router-A
-----------------------------------------------------------------MPLS cloud
Juniper Mx Router-B

*Configs are;*

Juniper MX-A router

Juniper MX-A router> show configuration interfaces ge-2/3/3
flexible-vlan-tagging;
mtu 1998;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
gigether-options {
    no-auto-negotiation;

unit 1106 {
    description "[Customer-VLAN1106]";
    encapsulation vlan-ccc;
    vlan-id 1106;
    family ccc;

Service Provider Switch-A#sh run interface gi5/13
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 298 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet5/13
 mtu 2000
 load-interval 30
 speed nonegotiate
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1101,1102,1106
 switchport mode trunk
 no cdp enable
end

Service Provider Switch-A#sh run interface fa3/13
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 366 bytes
!
interface FastEthernet3/13
 description[Customer-VLAN1106]
 mtu 2000
 load-interval 60
 switchport
 switchport access vlan 1106
 switchport mode dot1q-tunnel
 switchport nonegotiate
 l2protocol-tunnel cdp
 l2protocol-tunnel stp
 l2protocol-tunnel vtp
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
end

Juniper MX-Router-B> show configuration interfaces ge-2/2/2
flexible-vlan-tagging;
mtu 1998;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
gigether-options {
    no-auto-negotiation;

unit 1106 {
    description "[Customer VLAN-1106]";
    encapsulation vlan-ccc;
    vlan-id 1106;
    family ccc;

Service Provider Switch-B #sh running-config interface gi0/27
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 251 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/27
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,9,1101,1102,1106
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
end

Service Provider Switch-B#sh running-config interface gi0/5
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 337 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/5