[j-nsp] packet based on jseries

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 04:55:34 EST 2012

pkc mls <pkc_mls at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Could anyone indicate the latest junos version that supports packet
>based on J series ?
>(the last I can find is 9.6).
>
>Is there a reason why there was no recent junos that can run packet
>based ?
>
>thanks.

You can force packet based on newer junos globally per address family, or selectively with an interface firewall filter. It works fine. Don't have a link right now but you should find it via Google.

"why" the move to flow based, who knows. It has been discussed to death on the list. See the archives.
--
Sent from my phone. Please excuse brevity and typos.